Monday, October 3, 2011

Potty Time, attempt 1

Just a heads up - I have decided that it is time to potty train this boy:

You'll notice I wrote "I have decided" and not "he has decided", which may be foreshadowing.  But he has many of the skills required for potty training - the ability to pull his pants off and on, the ability to flip the roll of toilet paper so that it spins sheets and sheets onto the floor, the ability to climb onto step stools with ease, and the ability to take off his diaper at will.  
I have a plan, and I purchased some gear for the event, including a new spray bottle dedicated to a baking soda solution that will deodorize my carpet.  I think I'm prepared for an onslaught of laundry and I'm ready to be patient and loving no matter how many failures he has.  Trouble is, I'm never ready for a day of staying inside all day long.     

No comments: